Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Something new....we'll see

I thought I would give this a try. Ethan is already 8 months old and growing so fast and I know his grandparents that live in Oklahoma and Ohio miss out on stuff. This way, I thought that maybe I can keep them more up to date with pictures, videos, and such. We'll see how this goes.

For now though, Ethan is so close to crawling! We are constantly holding our breaths and intently focusing on him whenever it looks like he is about to move his arms and start moving forward. We then do a collective sigh of disappointment when he ends up just flopping down on his stomach and rolling along the ground on his way.

We are also still struggling with his reflux and I think we have just compounded the problem somewhat. It's not really that he's spitting up more, it's just that now it is yellow, or orange, or green, or purple depending on what he has eaten. We have taken to lying down huge blankets on the living room floor just to keep our carpet from looking like a rainbow.


Ethan on his big blanket on the floor



Look at that smile and blue eyes!


Yes, I know he is still in his diaper but he spits up so much, it is just easier when we are at home. I do dress him when we go out though. He can't sit up yet b/c his hamstrings are so tight because of his prematurity. However, we are working on that with deep tissue massages every night.

Here's a video of his attempt at crawling and sitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment